CASH BUYERS only please, as property is in the last stages of monitoring and awaiting insured structural repairs. We are delighted to offer for sale this spacious 1044 sq.ft first floor apartment with a lovely balcony, large loft space (300 extra sq.ft) and private gardens, located in a quiet cul-de-sac just off Erskine Hill on the south side of Hampstead Garden Suburb. Erskine House was originally two children's' cottage homes. Built in 1911-12 by B Parker and R Unwin for the Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust the property is grade 2 listed. They were originally called Ursula Cottage and Henrietta Cottage and were donated by George Cadbury and Canon Barnett. The idea of building a residential suburb for people of all incomes and classes began with Henrietta Barnett. She was the wife of Cannon Samuel Barnett, vicar of St Judes, Whitechapel. She had been inspired by her personal experiences of the poverty and appalling living conditions in her husbands inner city parish to seek better housing for the poor.